–PRE SHOW COMPETITIONS-
Rules & Conditions
You can only win one of the Online Competitions – We like to share the Lego fun around.
One prize per competition unless specified
Judges decision is final
Winners will be announced on our Facebook Page
All prizes to be picked up on the 7th or 8th October at Bricktober 2017 unless specified otherwise
(Bring your COMPLETED entries to the show)
Download a page from Lego.com (suggested links are below)
Colour it in before the 7th October or at the show and bring it along on the day for entry for judging.
Please write full name, contact details (phone or email) & indicate age and category on back of entry.
Entries close 8th October at 4:00pm. Judges decision is final (Will be judged by a panel of Rotarians after the event).
Please note: all colouring sheets submitted may be used for promotional purposes.
Winners announced on the 21st October on our Facebook Page.
There is a choice of colouring sheets available:
You can choose any picture from these options in the links above.
Download and start colouring.
Prizes available in the following age groups:-
BOYS Age 3yrs – 5yrs GIRLS Age 3yrs – 5yrs
BOYS Age 6yrs – 9yrs GIRLS Age 6yrs – 9 yrs
BOYS Age 10yrs -14yrs GIRLS Age 10yrs – 14yrs
Adults 15 and over
Competition opens 24th September 2017
FACEBOOK COMPETITION SEP/OCT SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Shoe Box MOC (Make your own creation)
Build what ever you want – as long as it fits in a shoe box.
Take a picture of it in the shoe box. (Hint – shoe boxes come in lots of sizes as do feet)
Only Lego parts allowed. No clones parts, No LLD – Must be a physical model.
Post your entry on our Facebook page as a Private Message “PM” www.facebook.com/Bricktober.Perth clearly indicating what age group and category you are entering and include the child’s name. Max 3 pictures. Start posting from 24th September and competition closes 2nd October at Midnight. Judges decision is final (will be judged by a panel of Rotarians).
Please note: all photos posted on our Bricktober – Perth Facebook page may be used for promotional purposes.
Prizes available in the following age groups:-
BOYS Age 3yrs – 6yrs GIRLS Age 3yrs – 6yrs
BOYS Age 7yrs – 12yrs GIRLS Age 7yrs – 12 yrs
BOYS Age 13yrs -17yrs GIRLS Age 13yrs – 17yrs
ADULTS 18 and over (all entries)
Each winner in each category will win a “$25 voucher to the Bricktober Merchandise Store”
Competition opens 11th Sep 2017
FUTURE EXHIBITORS COMPETITION
Are you a Master Builder?
Bricktober – Perth is pleased to announce the ‘Future Exhibitors Competition’ for 15 year olds and under.
You have the chance to be awarded the tile of “Master Builder” and exhibit at Bricktober 2017.
The entry judged the best in each category will be invited to display their creation at the show as a “Master Builder”.
The competition opens for submissions from 11th September 2017 and closes on 30th September 2017.
But you can start building now !!!
- This is a free – no cost to enter – competition, and in entering you agree to abide by the conditions of the competition and agree to follow instructions given by the organisers of Bricktober.
- Submission of entries opens on the 11th September 2017 at 12:01am and closes on the 30th September 2017 at 11:59pm.
- All entries will only be accepted if they are emailed to email@example.com
- No entries sent to us via Facebook or any other form of electronic communication will be accepted. Only entries submitted via the email address above will be accepted – posting it on our Facebook or Flickr page will not be accepted as a legitimate entry. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Please keep in mind that the show is family friendly and any display found to be overtly offensive – be it violent, sexual, racist or any other reason deemed by the committee – will be removed from entry into the competition.
- Previous “Master Builder” winners of the Future Exhibitors competition are not eligible to win again.
- Winners will be contacted via email the week before Bricktober 2017, please do not email us asking if you have won.
- All entries much have the full name, age, sex and category entered of the builder.
- There are 3 categories available for entrants
- Team Build. Mixed age 6-15. (Max 4 builders per team)
- Juniors builders 6-8yrs
- Classic builders 9-12 yrs
- Creator builders 13-15yrs
- 16yrs and older can apply as a Full Exhibitor for the show (now closed for 2017).
- Only one entry per child please.
- Entries must be of your own design. Limited use of official Lego sets will be accepted into the competition as long as the creation is mostly of your own design.
- Entries must be easily transportable.
- Entries must be no bigger than 1800mm long by 900mm wide or in terms of 32 stud by 32 stud base plates – 7 plates by 3.5 plates.
- Entries must be built entirely of Lego. No clones or knock off brands allowed.
- Entries are to be built by an individual for the classes of Juniors builders 6-8yrs, Classic builders 9-12 yrs and Creator builders 13-15yrs.
- In the case of a team build, max of 4 builders.
- Please ensure that you include your name/s, age/s and sex with your photo submission. A maximum of 4 photos per entry can be submitted. Each photo must be smaller than 2mb.
- Any entries that have been photo-shopped will not be accepted.
- Appropriate photos will be uploaded to Bricktober – Perth’s Facebook page and Flickr account,and may be used in promotional material on our web sites, Facebook pages and other related outlets for the purposes to promote the event and any future events. In entering this competition, you agree to allowing us to use those images.
- The judging panel is made up of the members of The Rotary Club of Ascot and the judges’ decision is final.
- The judges will pick a “Master Builder” from each category that will be invited to bring along their entry for display with the other exhibitors. (at the judges discretion, they may or may not pick more than 3 “Master Builders” and 1 Team Build).
- Each “Master Builder” will also receive items of Bricktober Merchandise to be worn over the weekend. (The prize is two hats and two shirts – one cap and shirt for the Master Builder and one cap and shirt for the accompanying parent/guardian – Team build 5 sets of shirts and caps).
- Winners of the title of “Master Builder” in each category will be required to bring their creations along to the show for display with all the other exhibitors. Set up of exhibits will be on Friday the 6th from 12 noon until 9pm. Bricktober runs from 8am to 4:15pm each day.
- If you are unable to bring your creation, the Judges will award the prize to the next suitable entry.
- Master Builders or their designated representative must be set up from 8am each day to ensure they are ready for the first session until the close at 4:15 pm.
- Winners must be accompanied by at least one adult for the whole time of the event. (Can be parent or guardian over 18).
- Winners’ creations remain under their owner’s care or a designated representative of theirs.
- All winners must abide by the Exhibitors code of conduct – Exhibitor Code of Conduct
- Bricktober – Perth and/or The Rotary Club of Ascot will not be liable for any loss or damage to said creations.
- START BUILDING!!!!