MORE ABOUT BRICKTOBER-PERTH
What is Bricktober W.A?
Bricktober is a yearly event that show cases models built from LEGO® by fans of the brick in Perth W.A. Exhibitions and displays of Lego® for all ages.
Bricktober is also a family friendly event that brings the community and fans of the brick in Perth, WA together.
Bricktober – Perth is a project of The Rotary Club of Ascot (Inc).
The Rotary Club of Ascot (Inc) is a non Political and non Religious Community Service organisation that is made up of leaders in their professions that volunteer their time to help out their local and international communities.
The organising committee of Bricktober are all volunteers who donate their time to the project. All for free!!!!
Long time Lego® enthusiasts, and Ascot Rotarians, Stephen and Joanna Kendall have a passion for all things Lego®.
Both having grown up with LEGO®, they have together visited 5 Legoland® parks and enjoy sharing the hobby. The Kendall’s love of LEGO® has prompted them to put their energies towards the inception of Bricktober – Perth.
Beneficiaries of Bricktober – Perth
Bricktober – Perth is hosted by The Rotary Club of Ascot (Inc) to raise funds to go towards support for programs for young children and other Rotary and Community Projects.
The main beneficiaries of the event have been:-
- Set up and funding of clubs that offer the “LEGO ® Play Experience” to children.
For more information about the benefits of LEGO® play, visit
- Support for The Arthur Bray Foundation, a fund that assists youth in participating in leadership and development programs.
- Support for The Rotary Foundation that funds and develops programs around the world, helping to achieve world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs.
- The world eradication of Polio is one of the funds main projects. (Booking fees from Trybooking have been donating back to Bricktober to fund further eradication of Polio thou the Rotary Foundation)
- TryBooking is proud to sponsor this event and will donate back all booking fees.
The Rotary Club of Ascot has, in the last 6 years, developed the supply of fresh drinking water to communities in East Timor Leste.
The Rotary Club of Ascot was very proud to donate tubs of Lego to 6 new Lego Clubs in August 2016
The recipients include: The Autism Association of WA, Belmay Primary, Belmont Primary, St Augustine’s Primary, Kewdale Primary, Lathlain Primary, Southwell primary, Holland Street Special Needs School (Geraldton) and The Alyssa’s Autism Acceptance Project Inc.
That’s over 150,000 bricks in 17 tubs at a value of $17,000 all raised through the efforts of Bricktober, Perth’s largest, Fan build Lego show.
What is Rotary?
Rotary is an organisation of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world.
Our differing occupations, cultures, and countries give us a unique perspective. Our shared passion for service helps us accomplish the remarkable.
Members of Rotary are called Rotarians and are all volunteers that give of their time to make the world a better place.
For more information visit our club website www.ascotrotary.org.au